Thanks to this lady for tagging me!
1. Were you named after anyone, and who picked out your name?
No, I wasn’t. But my middle name (Elizabeth) was my maternal great-grandmother’s name, and I visited the house where she grew up in Sweden! My dad wanted to name me Nikita, but my mother so wisely put her foot down. They named the cat that instead.
2. What did you do today?
I went to the gym, made green tea, edited my dissertation, battled traffic to go to the grocery store, and am currently getting ready to have drinks with a friend.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
London. Preferably in east London, or near London Bridge. Barring that, I currently live in Los Angeles and am loving it. I could definitely stay here for the foreseeable future.
4. What is the best gift you have ever been given?
College tuition money from my parents. Awwww, cash! But seriously, school is f—-king expensive.
5. What is your dream job?
Writer-director of big-budget action movies. Like the female Michael Bay.
6. What is one thing you learned from your parents that you will always appreciate?
7. What form modern technology could you not live without?
iPod. I run with it every day.
8. Who is your celebrity doppleganger?
No idea. I have been told I look like Helena Bonham Carter, Winona Ryder, and (gasps internally) Alexa Chung. For the record, I LOOK NOTHING LIKE ALEXA CHUNG. I would like to choose Beyoncé as my celebrity doppleganger.
9. What day (so far) was the happiest day of your life?
That is such a good question! Can I say that I hope it hasn’t happened yet?
10. What was your favorite subject or class in school?
High school: English
College: Cinema and Media Studies and Developmental Politics.
11. If you were forced to choose between a successful career and raising a family, what would you choose?
A career, definitely. I don’t think I want kids, and if I did have them I don’t think I would want to give up a career to raise them.